Where can you get hand made jeans made the old way? In Poland of course!✂🇵🇱
He dropped work in a corporation for jeans. Today he is a star among designers
Michał Majtczak is an ethnologist by education. After graduation, he started working in a corporation, which he quit after 7 years to start sewing jeans. On Dzień Dobry TVN, the creator talked about his passion and the backstage of his work.
Passion for denim
Michał Majtczak discovered his passion for jeans completely by accident. Once, when he was searching the Internet for information about American parachute boots, his attention was drawn to a photo of a man in interesting denim pants. 👌✂🇵🇱
– I found out why these jeans are different. It turned out to be a kind of personal discovery. The stiching is a primary issue, and in our pattern is braided. In ordinary jeans, the edge is simply cut off – said Michał.
Today, he is considered an authority in his profession. 👌✂
– He can come to the genesis of production, to the very basics, he sits for hours (…) and tells me that he got to how it was done – said Jacek Nowakowski, Michał’s colleague.
What does the production of jeans look like?
At the beginning of his adventure with designing trousers, Michał bought one sewing machine. However, he quickly realized that he would need much more equipment to work. 👌✂👖💜🇵🇱
– To make one pair of jeans with all the details that were in the 1930s or 1940s, we need 11 machines – we heard.
– Each machine is responsible for a different operation. One rolls up the trouser leg, the other will be used to roll up the French seam – added Michał.
Jeans – material properties
Michał has no doubts that denim is a one-of-a-kind material. 👌✂👖💜🇵
– It’s a fantastic fabric because it works like leather. The way we wear it, this is how it will look, said the designer. ✂💜🇵🇱
– There is a rule among denim lovers that “raw” jeans are not washed for the first six months. People who deal with this type of denim are called Denim Headmi. They have their own style, i.e. good shoes, often wearing caps, jeans, shirts – he added.
(source: Dzien Dobry TVN program)
Keep the production line cranking!! on an artisan scale, of course! 👌✂👖💜🇵🇱😀